So you want to top a pie, cake, cheese cake, cup cakes or some other type of dessert, but you don’t want whip cream or icing. What do you do?
My Mom would make what she called “Adult Topping”. I asked her once, why she called it that and she said “because kids like sugar, and adults like taste”. Well, I didn’t understand that at all until I got older. Now I understand.
She used this for many different things, but I really liked it on her Oreo Cheesecake.
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Fit the mixer with the whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until smooth.If you don’t have a whisk attachment, lower the speed of the mixer. It may take longer to fully mix the ingredients.
- While the mixture is still whipping, slowly pour in the heavy cream.
- Stop and scrape the bottom of the bowl a couple of times while you continue whipping until the cream can hold a stiff peak.
- Place the whipped cream into a decorating bag, or icing canister and top your cheese cake.