I’m always looking for recipes to try in the winter. Especially if the recipe is something that will help me get warm! I’m not big on being cold, even though I love winter time and snow.
At one time in my life I dated a from the UK. He and his parents had moved here to the states and we hit it off for a time. Frankly I don’t think his parents approved of their son dating a lowly American. But sometimes it’s a good thing when things don’t work out.
One of the good things I got out of our relationship was a recipe from his Mom for what she called Christmas Morning Coffee. So if you like holiday Eggnog, you might like this too. But I prefer to call it Eggnog Coffee.
Makes 4 cups
10-15 minutes prep time
- 1 1⁄3 cups eggnog
- 22⁄3 cups hot brewed coffee (a dark roast)
- Whipped Cream
- Ground Nutmeg or Cinnamon
- Brew the coffee in your coffee pot as you normally would.
- After it’s brewed, pour the eggnog into a medium sauce pan and warm it
(Don’t boil it!).
- Once it’s warm, add the coffee and stir thoroughly.
- Pour into cups, top with whip cream.
- Sprinkle Nutmeg or Cinnamon on top of the whip cream.
- Server hot.
I’m not big on nutmeg, so I prefer my coffee with cinnamon. One Sunday morning I made this for my Mom and Dad when they came to visit for the holidays. My Mom isn’t big on nutmeg either. But she had brought a package of cinnamon sticks with her, because she likes to use those in her tea. That morning she added the cinnamon stick to the eggnog coffee and let it cool off a tad, while she gently stirred the stick in the brew. It was truly divine!
© 2013 Victoria’s Rose ~ All Rights Reserved.